[Gllug] anyone know a source for 3.5" DSDD floppy disks?

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Tue Mar 23 11:05:29 UTC 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

> > I don't think any of these sell DS-DD (720K) diskettes. They sell the
> > DS-HD (1.44Mb) disks.
>
> Well? Just tape over the HD tab on the left hand side of the floppy (label
> up) and it'll format as 720 fine, without having to fiddle with command line
> options.

As others have stated already there are physical differences between them
that some older systems can have problems with.

As I need these for a person who has an old "typewriter" which
specifically states in the manual that the disks must be DS-DD and that HD
disks will not work I would rather avoid the potential for problem.

> I doubt anyone makes DD disks anymore, no call for them.

I have found several supplier selling new stock so I can only assume you
are wrong.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk