[Gllug] Mouse pointer drifts to the right

john at sinodun.org.uk john at sinodun.org.uk
Mon Mar 8 14:47:26 UTC 2004

I've got an odd problem on one of my Sarge boxes (and only one).  In
normal use something happens to cause the mouse pointer (the little arrow)
to appear about 1 cm to the right of where it should be.  It will only get
within 1cm of the left of the screen; you have to click 1cm to the right
of anything you want to click on, and it goes off the right hand edge of
the screen.  I haven't been able to discover what triggers the problem,
but once it's happened I have to re-boot the box to fix it.  Just
restarting X is *not* enough.
Any suggestions?

TIA,
John

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Trident Microsystems CyberBlade/i1 (rev
6a) (prog-if 00 [VGA])        Subsystem: Trident Microsystems CyberBlade/i1
        Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
        Memory at e1800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8M]
        Memory at e2000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
        Memory at e1000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8M]
        Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=64K]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk