qmail dead ? was: [Gllug] ezmlm status?

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Tue Mar 16 15:07:44 UTC 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Tethys wrote:

> >If you do decide to move, Postfix and Exim are both very much worth
> >investigation. I use postfix extensively.
>
> You seem to have forgotten to mention sendmail. It's still IMHO the best
> all round MTA. And despite what Bruce may claim, you *don't* have to be
> Mike Brodbelt to be able to use it (although it may help...)

It was very much a deliberate ommision on my part.

I've spent years with sendmail, running it for large sites and doing
consultancy for others around it too, and I would not recommend it for
anyone these days.

In my view postfix (my own preference) and exim are far better choices.

I wont touch sendmail now unless someone has their wallet out.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk