[Gllug] Debian hopeless

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Mon Mar 8 23:32:48 UTC 2004

Bruce Richardson wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 12:30:01PM +0000, Jason wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, David Pashley wrote:
>>

>>>I assume that as you are installing Sarge, you would be using a
>>>debian-installer image to load it. Given that d-i is currently under
>>>quite a bit of development and neither it or Sarge are anywhere near
>>>release, it is expected to find problems.
>>>

>>Anaconda for Debian (Sarge) is apparently now very close to completion and
>>dos provide a workable install now.
>>

>Which is an example of Red Hat technology being used to improve Debian,
>something that some of the less rational Debian bigots in this thread
>should consider thoughtfully.

It is a good thing, especially as it will please the less console types
when installing, i however hope that the text based installer doesnt
suffer the same lapse in quality that the redhat and mandrake ones did
shortly after anaconda got usable on installs on those distros.

p.s.

i have a debian/rules t-shirt :-)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk