[Gllug] linux course

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 19:39:50 UTC 2004

On Wed 10 Mar, Orlando_Arzuza_Otálora wrote:

> HI,  my name is Orlando and I am looking for a Linux course.

   RedHat and SuSE can help, and some of the university and college computer
courses include Unix-compatible systems, however.....

   Linux is the operating system kernel, but the normal distributions
contain a whole lot more than that, and you need to be willing to spend time
Reading The Friendly(?) Manual. The distribution web sites have on-line
documentation, and there are some excellent guides and HOWTOs at

http://www.tldp.org

   There is a huge amount of documentation in distributions such as Debian,
although it can take a while to discover that it is hidden away somewhere
like /usr/share/doc/ or /usr/doc . You will find a surprising amount of
information by using the search engine Google, and you will get some help
from the news group if you get stuck.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk