[Gllug] Email Notification Configuration

Will Napier will at thinkingsuccess.com
Mon Mar 8 17:33:30 UTC 2004

Hi, an idea that has been floating round my mind for a while now is how
useful it would be to have different .wav files for different senders, and
to be able to opt for no .wav file for specific senders/categories - eg no
notification sound for anything classed as spam. Does anyone know of an
email client that allows such choices? How difficult would it be to design
an add-on that would implement this? I am just a private user of linux but
would anyway be interested in whether this is the kind of thing that some
of you are contracted to do. I use Mozilla and Opera mail. Surely this is
such a brilliant idea that all email progs will offer it one day?

ps - I tried to send this yesterday. Apologies if this is the second
version posted.

Will Napier

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk