[Gllug] SecureID Cards

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Mon Mar 1 11:45:27 UTC 2004

"Henrik Morsing" writes:

>We have SecureID and use en ACE server for authentication. I think you
>need to talk to RSA about it. I don't know anything about how it works.

Neither does anyone else, which is part of the problem. SecureID relies
on algorithmic generation of tokens, and security through obscurity to
ensure that the elgorithm remains secret. Not an approach I'm keen to
trust.

Furthermore, there are strong rumours (from semi-reliable sources) that
the black hat community have cracked the algorithm.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk