[Gllug] Urgent Help re USB please

Richard Turner richard at disabledliving.org.uk
Fri Mar 5 14:01:47 UTC 2004

> the pda MIGHT appear as a usb storage device... Or, it might be
awkward and
> need something special to access it, I've never had a pda.

If the M130 is anything like my Clie PEG-SJ22 (and I'm not sure but I
think all Palm devices are similar enough for the following to be true)
then you need to install the visor kernel module.  The system will
register that the PDA is attached only when you hit HotSync.  Use
pilot-link to transfer data to and fro or a nice GUI for it like kpilot
or the evolution plug-in.

Google 'linux palm' or 'pilot-link' for reams of information :o)
--
$ cd /pub
$ more beer > me

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk