[Gllug] RAIDS again

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Mar 30 15:02:16 UTC 2004

Talking about RAIDS, I'm having 'fun' with
hardware RAID.
I've been fighting all day with an Adaptec RAID setup
Adaptec 3920D for the technically minded,
which also has an Adaptec2015S daughtercard.

Anyone else used these things?
It does work, using the dpt_i2o driver, and I've had it
working stably for weeks.
(And I've had it working as a software RAID using aic79xx)

Plan now is to upgrade its firmware, and switch to
using Adaptec HostRaid without the daughter card.
Bit of Googling says this might not be supported under Linux.
Not sure.

So if anyone has direct experience of using these things,
please drop me an email off list.
TIA

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk