[Gllug] not your average newbie question...

daniel.booth daniel.booth at linguaphone.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 10:21:41 UTC 2004

ok newbie time... I have a cd stuck in the cd rom and when doing a
"mount" cmd i get this strange looking result.
(see below)

/dev/cdrom on /mnt/cdrom type iso9660 (ro,nosuid,nodev,user=danny)
/dev/sda1 on /home/danny/USBflash type vfat (rw,uid=500,gid=500)
/dev/cdrom on /mnt/cdrom type udf,iso9660 (ro,nosuid,nodev)
/dev/cdrom on /mnt/cdrom type udf,iso9660 (ro,nosuid,nodev)

it says i have 3 mounts on the cd rom... when i have only monuted to my
knowledge once.
the main problem is getting the cd out. but how and why this happened
would be useful.

i have tried the # umount /mnt/cdrom  and # umount /mnt/cdrom -f cmd's
but still no joy..
I am presented with..

umount2: Device or resource busy
umount: /mnt/cdrom: device is busy
umount2: Device or resource busy
umount: /mnt/cdrom: device is busy
umount2: Device or resource busy
umount: /mnt/cdrom: device is busy

I do not have the rom open anywhere.
It will allow me to browse the cd so the rom is working.
I just can't get it out. ( no jokes!!) please advise.

thnX Dan.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk