[Gllug] UKFSN ADLS and ADSL modems (again)

Jeremy Booth jeremy at computerbooth.com
Mon Mar 15 14:16:31 UTC 2004

Hi
  two topics in one mail.
  First, is anyone using UKFSN for ADSL, if so, what is their service
like, I like the idea of supporting free software, but I've not heard
much about them, so want to check them out before parting with my not so
hard earned cash :).

Second. I was on telewest for aaages, then moved and didn't want a 12
month contract so got ADSL, trying to get an ADSL modem/router that
works like the blueyonder one is proving a pain. I want the ADSL modem
to get my IP from the ADSL side and then pass it on to the linux box lan
side over DHCP so the linux box has the external IP on it's external
interface, and then just pass the packets through, no firewall or
anything. Nice and simple I thought, but doesn't seem to be. I tried the
Origo 8100 in it's 1/2 bridge mode, but that just stops working every
time I try it. Does anyone have that setup working and can therefore
recomend an ADSL
modem/router?

Cheers

Jeremy