[Gllug] Request for help.

Robert P. McKenzie rmckenzi at rpmdp.com
Tue Mar 2 15:37:52 UTC 2004

Sharon Kimble wrote:

> I'm now in the situation of wanting to send a fax to someone, and
> possibly getting a faxed reply from them [although I don't know how its
> going to get through the firewall]. Netgear have told me "If the faxes

For sending faxes I use a service call fax.co.uk.  It works by sending
emails to the fax number you want to send to and they will actually do
the faxing for you.  As others have mentioned you can't use a normal fax
machine over a network.  Check out the address above for info about that
service, it's cheap at £5.00 minimum a month (and you get £5.00 worth
faxes and SMS's).  Incoming faxes if you have a number setup with them
will be converted to email and sent on to you.

Cheers!!!

--
Robert P. McKenzie                 |   GammaRay Technical Services LLC
rmckenzi at rpmdp.com                 |             rob at gammaray-tech.com
http://www.uk-experience.com       |      http://www.gammaray-tech.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk