[Gllug] Re: Gllug Digest, Vol 9, Issue 38 re Knoppix3.3

john gennard joney at clara.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 18:15:02 UTC 2004

>Message: 6
>From: Wayne Clancy <wclancy at irisfinancial.com>
>Subject: Re: [Gllug] Knoppix3.3
>
>I've never used Knoppix before but can't you just remove
>S??knoppix-autoconfig from run level, re-edit the fstab and reboot. From
>the sounds of things it should already have configured your system.
>
>Wayne Clancy

Thanks, that got me hunting around.

I find that, unlike my Sarge installation, /etc/rc0-6 each contains only
one entry
(a link to xsession) and /etc/rcS.d has only a link to run
/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig.

I presume, therefore, that using 'knoppix-installer' just puts the
equivalent of the CD
onto the hard disk instead of actually installing the distro.

Any suggestions as to my way forward?

Thanks,                  John.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk