[Gllug] Hardware RAID On-Disc Format

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Mon Mar 15 16:09:28 UTC 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Doug Winter wrote:

> OK Good point, I omitted to say that this is two disks in a simple
> mirror :)  For striping certainly you wouldn't expect to be able to

I'll chip in here.
I recently had to change a server which I had built on site from
software RAID to hardware RAID.
Great fun.
I was able to do it - pulled one of the hard disks, put the hardware RAID
card in, and was able to duplicate the disk as part of a hardware mirror
set.  Did this twice as it parrt of a Linux-HA failover pair.
Reinstall of GRUB and I was away.

Makes it sound easy - but it was a good few hours work.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk