[Gllug] Re: Knoppix3.3

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 10:47:54 UTC 2004

On Thu 11 Mar, john gennard wrote:

> >   Sorry, you may not like the suggestion, but how about a normal
> >installation? You could even help test the new Debian installer, now in
> >beta2 testing (see the Debian website).
> >
> Chris, I don't understand what you suggest. I'm game to have a go at anything - could
> you go further.

   The new installer is in beta 2 testing at the moment, and as it is still
under development, although nearly ready for about 4 architectures, it is
still classed as unstable and has not yet made it into Sarge. It is one of
about 4 items that are holding back the official release of Sarge.
   Details and a request to help the testing process are at

http://www.uk.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk