[Gllug] anyone know a source for 3.5" DSDD floppy disks?

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Tue Mar 23 10:59:25 UTC 2004

And verily, didst Jason Clifford announce to the hordes:

> > > Go to Woolworths and buy ten for a fiver.
> > > I would think that Jessops, Maplins etc. had them as well.
> >
> > Come to think of it, Tesco and Sainsbury sell them but I've never
> > bothered looking at the price.
>
> I don't think any of these sell DS-DD (720K) diskettes. They sell the
> DS-HD (1.44Mb) disks.

Well? Just tape over the HD tab on the left hand side of the floppy (label
up) and it'll format as 720 fine, without having to fiddle with command line
options.

I doubt anyone makes DD disks anymore, no call for them.
(I remember doing the same trick 9 years ago to turn a DD disk into a HD one
by simply drilling (or melting) a hole where the HD marker should be. Most
of them worked as HD fine)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk