[Gllug] MTA Config (postfix)

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Mar 5 16:24:21 UTC 2004

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 03:48:01PM -0000, Kristian wrote:
> This is probably an example of something that is quite common, so i cant
> make postfix too restrictive. :(
>
> Isnt this really bad practice by such a big company.
>
> Should i get in touch with them??  The only way to get in touch seems to be
> sending them a fax.

Don't waste your time.  If I rejected all the mail that came from relays
with innacurate helo settings, we'd never see any.  Doing any kind of
filtering based on the helo string is worthless.  Also unnecessary,
given that you can check the actual hostname anyway.

--
Bruce

I am now a little wary of bananas.