[Gllug] Open Source project hosting

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Mon Mar 29 14:39:34 UTC 2004

I'm trying to decide where to host an open source perl project
I'm working on. I'm going to use CPAN of course for uploading
the actual releases, but still want something for version control,
website, mailing lists & the like. So far I've come across:

  GNU Savannah - hasn't any new projects since their security
                 compromise last year & has no ETA on when
		 they'll start again :-( On the plus side, they
		 have GNU Arch as an alternative to CVS

  Sourceforge - widely used, but IMHO has a truly terrible
                administrator & user UI - both for usability
		and speed. No RDBMS - only has MySQL.

  Berlios - seems like a pretty straight SF clone, with a few
            customizations. Has a real RDBMS - postgresql.

Are there any others out there I should look at ?

Dan.
--
|=-               http://www.berrange.com/~dan/gpgkey.txt             -=|