[Gllug] VACANCY: LAMP/WAMP Web Developers Required

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue May 25 13:55:06 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 01:00:16PM +0100, Martyn wrote:
> Christian Smith wrote on 25 May 2004 12:34:
>
> > On Tue, 25 May 2004, NorthLondon John wrote:
> >
> >> Do people really use windows for industrial-strength webserving?
> >
> > I'm sure Microsoft would be a good reference site.
>
> Hotmail and Friends Reunited are also two popular sites running under IIS.

How much of Hotmail is actually running on Windows?  They were still
running key components on FreeBSD long after they publicly claimed to
have fully converted.

In the process of the conversion, an internal report made clear how
superior *nix solutions are in many respects:

http://www.securityoffice.net/mssecrets/hotmail.html

--
Bruce

What would Edward Woodward do?