[Gllug] Odeon website

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu May 20 11:36:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 12:18:10PM +0100, David wrote:
> I am very happy having been told that Mozilla's tab extensions can
> suppress new windows opening when links are clicked on (_what_
> possesses Web designers to do that, I don't know) - it's another piece
> of the puzzle of being completely immune to graphic design...

I think it's a useful technique in web applications, for certain
specific purposes.  It's often preferable to launch help pages in a
separate window, for instance.  Even there, though, it's a good idea to
such links visually distinctive so that this behaviour is predictable
(to a user who has become at all familiar with the application, that
is).

--
Bruce

I unfortunately do not know how to turn cheese into gold.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk