[Gllug] A little OT - suppressing Ads

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Wed May 12 20:32:02 UTC 2004

Hi Ian,

On Wednesday, May 12, 2004, Ian Northeast wrote:

> I did suggest squid but we already have a content filter/logging
> system on the firewall and its admin tells me it isn't compatible
> with squid (and he does know what he's talking about).

I tried to work out a situation where squid couldn't be used inline
with any other system - other than some really whacky edge cases, I
couldn't.  Putting squid on your border is a pretty good idea anyway,
especially if you hook it into the public squid ICP architecture.

--
Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd.
http://www.clues.ltd.uk/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk