[Gllug] Traceroute query

Richard Turner richard at zygous.co.uk
Mon May 31 07:43:11 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 23:51, Ian Northeast wrote:
> SuSE isn't a bad distro IMO. I do prefer Debian I admit, and run it on
> my personal machines, but we use SLES on the servers at work, for Oracle
> certification and "support" (keeps the manglers happy) so I run SuSE Pro
> on my workstation at work as it's convenient to have something similar.
> I quite like it.

Don't misunderstand me: I'm not saying that SuSE's a bad distro (I
wouldn't have bought it if I thought that), I'm just beginning to feel
that it doesn't fit me.

I prefer Gnome to KDE, and as yet SuSE's support for Gnome is far from
on a par with its support for KDE.  Doubtless that will change when
Novell's master plan comes into effect but in the meantime I'm beginning
to think that I'd be more comfortable running something else.  As ever,
it's a matter of personal choice, not that one distro's better than
another.

Richard.

--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."

FB53 8184 E61F 3604 FBF3  4CCB EF07 2942 30F2 739E