[Gllug] Memory Stick

Richard Turner richard at zygous.co.uk
Fri May 28 10:18:08 UTC 2004

Mick Farmer wrote:
> Dear GLLUGers,
>
> I'd like to use a USB-based memory stick on my Linux box.
> Can anyone recommend one that works out of the box?

I use the Sony Microvault with integrated MS-Pro reader - that works
out-of-the-box.

The only odd thing I've found with that is that the flash drive has four
partitions on it - remove them and repartition and you lose several Mb of
storage (and need to use a Windows utility from Sony's site to restore them
and regain that capacity).  Mount /dev/sda instead of any of sda1, sda2,
sda3 or sda4 and it all works fine with those partitions there.  I've no
idea what's going on with those, but /dev/sda has the ~128 Mb space that
you'd expect.

Richard.
--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk