[Gllug] Linux on a box with mixed discs

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri May 14 12:19:25 UTC 2004

On Fri 14 May, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> >    That's correct, although I do think it is worth doing the fsck.ext2 on a
> > normal re-boot, so would not want to completely disable the facility.
>
> You don't have to disable it forever, just until you can get a properly
> functioning system.  It would give you the opportunity to either compile
> in the right scsi module or set up an initrd image.

   As long as it is scanned normally on other occasions I can remove the
drive during the initial installation and re-connect it later, but there is
no indication that this should happen. The SCSI bus is scanned almost
immediately the boot sequence is re-started, which would seem to indicate
that the required modules are already present. This also applies to another
box which now has an external SCSI box with tape backup and SCSI drive, as
this drive should also be checked regularly.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk