[Gllug] Memory errors

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Wed May 26 11:15:52 UTC 2004

I've just got a new motherboard, CPU and RAM. But since I've put it in,
I've been getting frequent and random Oopsen. So I'm currently running
memtest86 to see if it could be bad memory causing the problem. Sure
enough, it picked up a couple of faults before I left this morning
(I've left it running, so I'll see what it's like when I get home).

My question is, what can I expect from metest86? Are a handful of
errors to be expected, or should it come back completely clean? Am
I justified in taking the RAM back and demanding a replacement, or
are a few errors normal?

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk