[Gllug] Evolution Connector

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed May 12 10:51:13 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 11:43:22AM +0100, Pete Ryland wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 10:01:04AM +0100, Tethys wrote:
> >
> > John Hearns writes:
> >
> > >Evolution Connector will become available for free from 14th May
> >
> > Far more importantly, it'll become Free at the same time -- they're
> > releasing the source under the GPL.
> >
> > 	http://www.novell.com/news/press/archive/2004/05/pr04034.html
>
> In which case, we can then easily work out the protocol that Exchange talks
> and theoretically be able to replace it much more easily too!

Speaking with the benefit of ignorance, I notice at

	http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/05/11/novell_connector/

the comment:

	Connector only works if Outlook Web Access is enabled

Does this mean that it works by parsing the web output generated by exchange ?
I must admit that I thought that it worked by speaking MAPI (proprietary
protocol used between outlook & exchange).

Does anyone know more ?

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

FATHERS-4-JUSTICE - Campaigning for equal rights for parents and the
best interests of our children. See http://www.fathers-4-justice.org
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk