[Gllug] European Council Approves Software Patents

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed May 19 07:59:24 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 10:02:30PM +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
> I don't know who my euro MP is, much less what they think/stand_for.
> I suspect that most people who vote will do so either in ignorance
> or strictly on party lines - since they don't know better.

The Greens have a policy on software patents.  This web page is out of
date but shows that they get it:

http://www.greens-efa.org/en/issues/?id=14

The news is really bad for people running small software companies :-(

Rich.

Learning Objective CAML for C, C++, Perl and Java programmers:
http://www.merjis.com/richj/computers/ocaml/tutorial/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk