[Gllug] Toliken. Was: Some SCO news

matthew.king at monnsta.net matthew.king at monnsta.net
Thu May 27 17:30:13 UTC 2004

At Wed, 26 May 2004 11:22:06 +0100 (BST),
Jason Clifford wrote:

> On Wed, 26 May 2004, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
>
> > It may be obvious, but, well, I suppose saruman...
> > But that would make darl one of his orc subordinates, while if Bill was
> > sauron... Although.... Suppose if Darl is Saruman, Bill could be Melkor...)
>
> Darl makes a better match to Sauron or Saruman as both were Maia like
> Gandalf and both turned bad from a supposedly "good" position.

Gates has to be Saruman. Both were incorrectly in the position of
leader, but as mentioned both Saruman and Sauron were originally Maia
(sp?). Quite what Gates' Microsoft is "a childs mockery" of I'm not
sure, but I'm cynical enough to come up with something.

Melkor would have to be someone far far worse than these two. If the
books were applied to our history he would be Satan, so Billy G as him
might be a bit much.

Although...

These new music sites could be owned by the Nazgul, the RIAA somehow
being the Nazgul Lord.

Matthew

--
o? K++ w--- O-- M V? PS+>+++ PE-- Y+>++ PGP++@ t+ 5- X- R tv b+++>++++