[Gllug] Any bank not in the dark ages? Smile

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Wed May 5 09:31:21 UTC 2004

Sarah Ewen wrote:
>>Any opinions on Smile smile.co.uk?
>>
>>I've been thinking about moving my account over to
>>smile/coop (which run their stuff on sun/solaris).
>

> I really, really hope this is just an infortunate start
> though, as I like the thought of banking with an ethical
> bank. It used to be that you couldn't access their site from a
> Mac, but I think that may have been resolved.

I've been using smile for a few months now - and am happy with it

everything that I have wanted to do has just worked - direct debits,
transfers, stationary ordering, opened a new account (no international
transfers)

The site works fine in all browsers I have tested (needs javascript)

my only gripe is that they use all sorts of javascript trickery to try
and prevent you from copy-pasting - fortunately the latest mozilla has a
new option to prevent sites using Javascript to block the browser's
context menu. :)

--

Sean
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk