[Gllug] Linux on a box with mixed discs

Christian Smith csmith at micromuse.com
Mon May 17 15:50:47 UTC 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Chris Bell wrote:

>   It seems that the SCSI modules and drive(s) can be added later, there
>will be occasional fsck checks, and so I am safe to ignore the problem for
>the moment.

On a debian system, /etc/modules contains a list of modules to be loaded
at boot before filesystems are checked. Just list the correct SCSI adaptor
module there, and modprobe will take care of the disks and so forth on
access.

I think /etc/rc.modules is used in RH to preload required modules not
handled by initrd, but I'm not that familiar with RH init system.

Or simply update /etc/modules.conf to alias scsi_hostadapter to your
desired module.

YMMV.

Christian

--