[Gllug] Python and Debian Sarge

Simon Perry gllug at si-designs.co.uk
Wed May 5 10:13:19 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I have been using an example program[0] from the Pyhthon Library
Reference[1] to split email messages into their respective parts. On my
original system, running Debian Woody, the text part of any email passed
to the script would be correctly identified and given a .text extension.
However on my new system, running Debian Sarge, the text part seems to
be identified as a shell script and is given a .ksh extension. Anyone
got an idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?

TIA

Simon

[0] http://docs.python.org/lib/email-unpack.txt
[1] http://docs.python.org/lib/node510.html