[Gllug] Mixed IDE and SCSI discs with Linux

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat May 8 08:51:53 UTC 2004

Hello,
   I have been trying to install Debian Sarge on a dual PII box with
hda 28GB, / plus swap
hdc whole 80GB drive available for multimedia data
sda whole 70GB drive available for multimedia data

   The installation appears to be OK, but on re-boot fsck complains that it
is unable to find sda before the SCSI system is scanned for devices, and the
drive is not shown as available. Should I expect it to do better? I would be
happier using lilo than grub, but grub appears to be the standard.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk