[Gllug] OT Dell Hardware

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Wed May 26 14:12:18 UTC 2004

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Luke Hopkins wrote:

> A little OT, but we're looking at Dell poweredge (rackmount) 1750's.
> does anybody have any experience of the onboard Ultra 320 SCSI
> controllers under Linux. Ie, how do they perform?
> Should we be looking at a 3rd party controller?
> No RAID required at this point.

They work very well. UKFSN is colo'ing a couple of these for a customer
and I have some 1650s (the previous incarnation of the same) and they are
very nice boxes.

I think the 1750 (like the 1650) is RAID only though - I could be wrong
but I think it is the default.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk