[Gllug] I hate PC BIOSes

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Thu May 6 09:16:10 UTC 2004

On Wed 05 May Tethys wrote:
> OK, so it's not working properly, but I'm impressed that you've managed
> to find a serial console accessible BIOS at all, without resorting to a
> Real Weasel or similar. Where did you get the machine/motherboard from?

I've been using Tyan Tiger boards, which work fine.  This one is a Tyan
Thunder.

I've not tried doing much with the BIOS over serial, since there's not
much need for that once it's configured really, but I've tested access
to the RAID and network booting config, which are the bits I care about
being able to get to in a pinch.

doug.

--
  http://adju.st/   | I am the hamster.
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD | Hear me roar.           Growl!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk