[Gllug] Where does Spamassassin get it's idea of the domain name

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sun May 9 11:24:15 UTC 2004

I've recently installed SpamAssassin on my Sarge box (to try to catch
the odd bit of junk which BogoFilter misses).  It seems very good and
presents spam neatly disected for my inspection.

One thing puzzles me though.  In each report it says it is running on
"emsworth.linuxemporium.co.uk", whilst the box in question is actually
"emsworth.home.sinodun.org.uk".  Once upon a time it was in the
linuxemporium domain, but I thought I'd expunged all trace of
linuxemporium before SpamAssassin was installed.

john at emsworth:~$ hostname
emsworth
john at emsworth:~$ hostname --domain
home.sinodun.org.uk
john at emsworth:~$

Anyone any idea where SpamAssassin gets its idea of the machine's domain
from?

TIA,
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk