[Gllug] Legal precedent for email disclaimers

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Thu May 27 11:21:41 UTC 2004

Does anyone know of any legal precent for the validity or otherwise of
email disclaimers? I'm not looking for the opinion of laymen here -- I've
already tried that approach, and the legal people aren't having any of it,
and without anything to back up my position, future email from me may well
have 27 billion lines of legal boilerplate attached, a situation I'd rather
avoid...

I'm looking for specific cases that have gone before a judge in a UK court,
so I can point the them and say "In Foo vs Bar, the judge said XYZ".

Yes, I"m already aware of the Sprecher Grier Halberstam site.

Thanks,

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk