[Gllug] debian - crash during upgrade

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Sat May 1 13:04:00 UTC 2004

Hi all,
     I am having trouble with my Debian (testing) system ...

It crashed while upgrading - and is now in an inconsistent state

apt-get install -f
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
   emacs21 kate
Suggested packages:
   aspell konq-speaker
Recommended packages:
   libkregexpeditor
   emacs21 kate
2 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 144 not upgraded.
5 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/2559kB of archives.
After unpacking 174kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database ... dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/kate_4%3a3.2.2-1_i386.deb (--unpack):
  files list file for package `gocr' contains empty filename
  /var/cache/apt/archives/kate_4%3a3.2.2-1_i386.deb
Processing was halted because there were too many errors.

the file /var/lib/dpkg/info/gocr.list is truncated

How do I correct this ?
(this file doesn't seem to be a part of the .deb package)

any help much apprciated

--

Sean
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk