[Gllug] GLLUG Meeting Cancelled

GllugAdmin gllugadmin at gllug.org.uk
Tue May 18 11:00:18 UTC 2004

***GLLUG CANCELLED***

Dear All,

As most of you have seen from the website (http://www.gllug.org.uk), we have
CANCELLED the Gllug meeting on Saturday 22 May 2004.

This was arranged as with a Kernel theme, but unfortunately circumstances have
beaten us. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Saturday is the day for the FA Cup final and we are sure that you will ALL
want to celebrate ManUtd^H^H^H^H^H^HMillwall winning in style.

For those who still need their GNU/Linux fix, then you need to head for UCL on
Friday 21 May (6pm This Friday!!) to hear RMS talk about Software Patents

http://www.fipr.org/press/040517softpat.html

Before that on Thursday you could try Ravensbourne College of Design and
Communication from 2pm. See http://cubicgarden.com/copyright/

On Saturday if you really want to avoid the football crowds you could try a
day out west:-

Copyright vs Community in the Age of Computer Networks Sat 22 May 1400hrs
Waterside 3, Bristol

RMS will be discussing how the copyright system does not fit well with
computer networks, with global corporations that profit from copyright
lobbying for harsh punishments to increase their copyright powers, whilst
suppressing free public access to technology. There will also be the
opportunity to ask Stallman questions about his work and ideas.

Fee: £3.00 full/ £2.00 concessions (fee to cover room hire costs)

http://www.watershed.co.uk/exhibition/digital/listings/plugincinema.html

***GLLUG CANCELLED***

GllugAdmin Team

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk