[Gllug] oxfam "Big noise music" site

Nick Richards nick.richards at gmail.com
Wed May 26 14:58:18 UTC 2004

On Wed, 26 May 2004 15:52:14 +0100, NorthLondon John
<northlondonjohn at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> It's just a front-end for OD2 - so windows only, drm, etc.
> And only 10p per track (75p I think - but obviously I can't RTF site)
> goes to Oxfam.

I wonder if that's the same deal Coke gets and how big the burden of
keeping the site up etc. is for these 'partners' if it's 10p per track
with no downside for simply lending it's brand it's probably a good
deal for them. Obviously OD2s tech sucks but I like the idea of their
business model.

'look how many legal download sites there are!'
"but they're all the same company"
'you weren't supposed to notice that'

There's a metaphor in there somewhere...

Nick
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk