[Gllug] VACANCY: LAMP/WAMP Web Developers Required

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Tue May 25 12:00:16 UTC 2004

Christian Smith wrote on 25 May 2004 12:34:

> On Tue, 25 May 2004, NorthLondon John wrote:
>
>> Do people really use windows for industrial-strength webserving?
>
> I'm sure Microsoft would be a good reference site.

Hotmail and Friends Reunited are also two popular sites running under IIS.
I myself am playing with Windows 2003 Server and it isn't as bad as
Microsoft's previous efforts I must admit.  I'm running PHP, MySQL and Perl
just fine, and haven't encountered too many problems.  It's certainly not up
to the performance of Linux under those conditions, but it does work.

My personal favourite industrial web server has to be Zeus despite the
horrendous cost, but it has served me well in the past.  That is not to say
I dislike Apache based on everything I've said above - I just like to
experiment with different things once in a while (ooer-missus!!!!).

Regards,

	Martyn

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk