[Gllug] Distro for 64M machine

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat May 22 07:04:08 UTC 2004

On Sat 22 May, Christopher Hunter wrote:

> Is there any chance you could fit a bit more RAM for this beginner?  This
> would ensure that they get a reasonably responsive machine, and RAM is quite
> cheap these days.
>
> Chris

   Older RAM types were much more expensive than the up-to-date standard
last time I checked. Prices for the latest new types are high because of
availability, then there is a tendency to over-supply as more manufacturers
come into the market, then the manufacturers move on to the next standard
and the older types bcome scarce again.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk