[Gllug] BBC TV streaming - anyone got this to work with Suse 9.1?

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 12:05:53 UTC 2004

Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> will wrote:
>
>> The links only exist on the US version of the site.  Their webserver
>> correctly identified me as a UK browser and served me up a UK version
>> of the site which doesn't have those links.  Changing my location
>> preferences on their site to US gets me the US site and the relevant
>> links.
>>
>> Not tricky, but certainly unintuitive.
>
> I'm surfing from a Demon ADSL line using Firefox 1.0.

Well, they are either using IP or HTTP request-header checks that are
not working properly, or your browser is telling them that you are in
the US.

It works for me with firefox here at work, and also with mozilla at home
(pipex).  In fact I am fairly sure I have never got the US real.com page
when I have gone there (which admittedly is infrequently).

Will.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk