[Gllug] Sending email via SMTP through AOL

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Wed Nov 17 21:07:22 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I've got a friend connected with his AOL account using the penggy
dialing s/ware, and successfully connected to his email to receive by
imap.

Unfortunately, we are hitting a wall trying to send a test mail through
the account. We received an error telling up to use port 587, which we
have dutifully done (trying no encryption, ssl and tls) but to no
avail. The only response we can get is that the screen-name is the
wrong length or format.

Does anyone have any pointers or experience with this?

Cheers

Dylan
--
"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"