[Gllug] NTFS resize

Jan Kokoska kokoskaj at seznam.cz
Tue Nov 23 20:56:54 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 19:00 +0000, adam at thebowery.co.uk wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 05:40:44PM +0000, Jan Kokoska wrote:
>
> > serviced.. some I worked with were 6+ years old), new R50 for my
> > colleague. Very similar to the configuration you describe for some 700
> > odd, plus 60 for another memory chip.
>
> I couldn't find anything around when I got the Dell with anywhere near
> the same spec for the price I paid back in May unless I went with a
> 1024x768 screen, every time I found something with a 1600x1200 screen
> the price would end up being at least 1500 quid for brands that weren't
> "quality" (not that I associate Dell with quality, but they are at least
> less likely to go bankrupt than some of the cheap laptop sellers so you
> can enforce the warranty with nasty legal threats)

Oh sure, go with whatever does the job for you, I am buying Dell for
servers for instance, they got some really nice deals. I am probably a
bit weird, not really asking for the latest in graphics chip
overclocking frenzy, 1024x768 is indeed what I have and my 4 Eterms per
virtual desktop fit quite happily. On the other hand, I would certainly
be very inconvenienced if the hardware let me down (and I don't even
like to see any scratches, screen glitches etc), so reliability, rugged
professional design and good Linux support (which is probably not an
issue anymore) are the reasons I stick with ThinkPads.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk