[Gllug] Transparent Terminal

Richard Turner richard at zygous.co.uk
Mon Nov 29 23:06:09 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 22:54 +0000, Pip wrote:
> On Monday 29 Nov 2004 21:16, Jan Minar wrote:
>
> > AFAIK, this is not that easily done in X (certainly much harder than in
> > the OS X's window system).
>
> .. but is due to be implemented in the next major X release, I believe.

I think it's available now, i.e. as of XOrg version 6.8.0, along with
drop shadows and a few other funky visuals.  This kind of thing is still
experimental though, so isn't enabled by default.

Whether any apps actually take advantage of X's new visual features I've
no idea :)

Cheers,

Richard.
--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."