[Gllug] "Wrong software" installed on to desktop PC's causes crash

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Nov 26 16:41:10 UTC 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Jason Clifford yowled:
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Tethys wrote:
>> I was more wondering why they've employed IT staff that can't keep desktops
>> and production systems suitably isolated from each other. You should be
>> able to totally destroy your desktop systems without affecting anything
>> that holds customer/public data. Anything else is bordering on negligence.
>
> The backend systems were not affected.
>
> Only desktop systems were fubar'd.

All 80,000 of them (!!!) apparently.

>                                    That said without an access point on
> the desktop staff are unable to do any work on the systems - and thus no
> real work at all.

I could make nasty comments about civil servants and `real work' here,
but as these had the job of giving people money, perhaps their jobs
were actually useful.

(And my work has a Christmas party soon, which EDS are attending. I
foresee much winding up ahead.)

--
`The sword we forged has turned upon us
 Only now, at the end of all things do we see
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk