[Gllug] TI in E-Business student question

Nick Richards nick.richards at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 22:30:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:59:55 +0100 (BST), Michael Jenson
<mirojrsc at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Question regarding C# programing.
>
> I am forced to learn C# by my university course. It is not so bad as
> the skills can be easily transferable to other languages, but my
> question is:
>
> Does anybody know if MONO project will be able to do more for my
> programs written in #develop using win32 w2k. Would I be able to use
> the code written in #develop, rework it in Linux and compile for use
> in Linux, any soon.

Yes. You may spot that MonoDevelop on Linux is a port of SharpDevelop.
Don't know if there's anyone else on this list really using mono and
I'm not doing anything really clever with it but some of the stuff out
there like Tomboy and Muine is really, really cool.

for more on mono check out the:

http://www.go-mono.com/

site

Nick