[Gllug] IP address detection

Wiehe, Simon simon.wiehe at csfb.com
Tue Nov 16 07:59:28 UTC 2004

<quote>
Bought a sparc 20 for a fiver on ebay (I know, I know, but it was just five
quid and it would make a good web server, honest).
</quote>

Don't be too ashamed, I have an old Sun IPC somewhere that I used to run Red
Hat on. Fortunately I had an RGB monitor cable so I could see what was going
on.

I had(have) an old external SCSI cdrom which I used to install from. Although
it is single speed it is portable and can actually run off batteries. I got it
to use with my old laptop, before laptops came with cdroms.

I don't recall if I still have the IPC but I think I have the monitor cable
and I know I have the cdrom. If anyone wants them make me an offer (all
reasonable offer will be considered ;-) ), they are only going to go on e-bay
when I get around to it.

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk