[Gllug] BBC TV streaming - anyone got this to work with Suse 9.1?

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Wed Nov 24 21:47:17 UTC 2004

M.Blackmore wrote:

> I'm not technical in linux, so be gentle please. Where does one start
> to look to sort this? Anyone got it working?

I would start by getting the browser out of the equation.

Perhaps the best all round application for listening/watching streaming
media is mplayer.  It's one of the few applications that does general
benefit from being compiled specifically for the playform it's running
on, so grab the source, compile it and then point it at the media stream
in question.  You may need to tweak some settings, but it tends to do a
passable job of working things out for itself.

Oh, do grab the codec packs.

Regards

--
Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd.