[Gllug] help with ubuntu

Wiehe, Simon simon.wiehe at csfb.com
Mon Nov 8 06:15:28 UTC 2004

I eventually got a better resolution. Firstly I found an AGP graphics card
(Matrox Millennium) I had taken out of another machine, it is better than the
one that was in there (PCI Matrox Mystique).

I then ran xf86config and manually selected the required settings. I can get
1024x768, but I don't seem to be able to get 1280x1024, it is certainly an
improvement.

I also managed to port my old Samba config, email server (and mailboxes) and
firewall scripts. I even managed to get dhcp3 working.

Just one more problem to fix and I am up and running, I get 2 modprobe errors
when hotplug starts. Off to look at the Ubuntu  fora to see if anyone else has
this problem.

Simon